Bush tomato, lemon myrtle and wattle seed muffins- sweet meets savoury.
2 ½ cups self-raising flour
1 cup castor sugar
1 ¼ cups milk
1 whole egg
1 ½ cups dried bush tomatoes
½ cup roasted ground wattle seed
1 tablespoon ground lemon myrtle
- Sift flour into large bowl and rub in butter. Stir in sugar, milk and eggs being careful not to over mix.
- Add bush tomatoes, wattle seed and lemon myrtle leaving a little of each to sprinkle on top.
- Spoon mixture into muffin trays lined with muffin patty pans.
- Place two or three bush tomatoes on top of each muffin and dust with wattle seed and lemon myrtle.
- Bake in moderate oven (180) for 20 minutes.
- Nosh Up!
This recipe featured by Annie Gastin ABC Darwin